Blog 4
Kristen Johnsons’s presentation was nothing short of thrilling. At first I was unsure of what kind of presenter she would be when she began walking around the room, until she started to explain why she kept moving around and sitting close to the other students throughout her presentation. She explained that she had control of the room by doing this, she looked for different angles, and stories as she wandered the room. I would also thought this could be used as a lesson that could be used in film-making and all aspects of life, by moving around and talking to different people she was pushing the envelope. She didn’t know if the person she chose to speak to would be willing to converse with her or freeze up, but she still made that effort because she was still in control of the situation. Another message from the presentation, was the exercise of looking into someone’s eyes for two minutes and asked what did we see in our partner’s eyes and to show us how long two minutes was. I thought of this as an example to use in film-making and also connected it to her film The Above. Similar to the two minutes of eyes locking, there were scenes where she squeezed through balloons, and sat in a ferris wheel. I chose those scenes because I thought they all seemed to have uncomfortable moments that were needed to get to the bigger picture. She may have not been completely comfortable while filming but she pushed through and created a beautiful short film!
Comments
Post a Comment